Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Today I began anew. I face the challenges of today with Hope and Faith. I focus on spending time in God's Word and His presence. I renew my vision of the first call that I remember God placing on my life. I was 18 or 19 and just newly baptized with the Holy Spirit. As I had been singing the Psalms to God and singing in my new prayer language the Lord put a spirit of travail on me and asked me if I was willing to become an intercessor for Him. I have often shirked from this strenuous work, because my flesh does not enjoy this.
But I have learned that this is also a powerful and blessed work. it is most effective when we know the Word of God and pray according to Scriptures. Romans 8:26 tells us that the Holy Spirit knows how to make intercession for us when we have no idea of how to pray. This becomes powerful.
This year we will need to pray in the Spirit more than we have ever prayed in the Spirit before. None of us know what will lie ahead of us this year, but God's Holy Spirit does. Let us be filled with His Spirit. Let us stand on His Word. Let us be one in the Love of Christ so that we will draw all men unto God! This is our Day! This is our Hour!

No comments: