Friday, April 18, 2014

Christ’s Love My Release

 

The blood that stained that rugged cross

Has to washed my sins away

Redemptions price for all my sins

Was more than I could pay

Christ did not have to die for me

Yet love compelled him there

He could have called an angel band

God would have heard his prayer

But love – the love I cannot comprehend

Led Jesus to His death

There He died on Calvary

That I might have eternal rest

His body cold lay in the tomb

Where only dead men lay

When morning came on that third dawn

The angel rolled the stone away

Christ was no longer in the tomb

God had raised Him from the dead

The place He lay is empty now

He’s risen as He said

and I, through faith, have now obtained

The blessings bought by blood

I now am cleansed from all my sins

By Calvary’s crimson flood

I seek no more another love

For Christ gave all for me

I dedicate myself afresh – anew

To walk in His liberty

No comments: